7.8.14

Food for Thought: Grilled Tuscan Chicken



As I am trying to work off all the pizza and pasta I ate in Italy and in Greece, I decided to make a healthier option for dinner yesterday. I went with a grilled chicken breast with a tasty Tuscan vinaigrette with sauteed mushrooms and yellow peppers and placed it on a bed of rice. I added a side salad of iceberg lettuce, and cucumbers with feta.

I was very tasty, and for the most part, very healthy. I tried to keep this meal nutritious, while keeping flavour! I would say this meal was a success!

Chicken: (With some fatherly help), I barbecued the chicken breasts with a Tuscan marinade that is not too high in calories.

Mushrooms and Peppers: They were sauteed in a bit of butter, and red wine! Delicious! Cook until tender.

Salad and cucumbers: Dressed with a light vinaigrette of olive oil and vinegar, and cucumbers with a light sprinkle of salt! (although, if you are having the cucumbers with the feta, you could eliminate the salt because feta is a naturally salty cheese.)

*You could substitute the white rice, for brown rice, or wild rice. This would add even more nutrients to the dish. (unfortunately I didn't have any in my pantry, so I used white rice this time!)

I know that this will be a meal I keep on hand! It's easy and it's delicious!
<3

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't cook as well as you when I was your age, keep up the good work.

    franklin-on-food.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrew! I love to cook and I hope I keep improving! :)

      Delete