31.7.15

Elie Saab: My Fashion Icon

Hello lovelies!

Today I am coming at you with a post about someone who i think is extremely talented, and who possibly designs the most beautiful dresses in the world......it's Elie Saab. Now fort those of you who don't know, Elie Saab is a Lebanese fashion designer who has workshops in Lebanon, Paris, and Milan. He is known for his iconic dress style.

His dresses have been seen all over the red carpet and I admire his attention to detail when it comes to his embellishments and extraordinary beading work.

Here are some of my favourite dresses from Elie Saab:



This dress is probably my dream dress. The intricate beading and the high waist are gorgeous and accentuate the smallest part of your torso. I love how this dress flows when you walk.

This dress is stunning. I adore the scooped neckline of this dress and how he uses a slim belt to accentuate her waist. I LOVE that this dress has pockets too and the over-sized pattern makes for visual interest.

I have seen so many pictures of this dress and I am just in awe of how beautiful the beadwork is. The fact the the beading goes all the way down the sleeves, and on the chest area, draws attention upwards towards her face. It's just beautiful. Simple and elegant.

I don't know about you, but this dress reminds of a more sophisticated "Elsa" from Frozen. He uses almost an ombre technique where the top of the dress is transparent and fades into this silver/blue shade. Again he uses a slim belt to accentuate the waist. The beading looks like sparking snowflakes! 


Katy Perry is drop-dead G O R G E O U S, and this dress only enhances her beauty. The colour against her skin tone is perfection and the low back creates visual interest. It also creates a more sexy feel to the whole ensemble. I find that this dress really compliments her hair as well! 



I've noticed how Elie Saab uses a lot of greens and pales blues in his work. These two dresses are beyond perfect. I think it is the beading that I am really drawn to and it makes the dress sparkle without being tacky. 



I know this dress might not be everyone's style, but I adore the use of colour. The ombre effect with the fading colours adds visual interest and lengthens her silhouette. The neckline in this dress is also really cool. I've never seen any dress like this and it is definitely a unique piece. 

I hope you enjoyed some of my favourite looks from Elie Saab. He is one of my fashion inspirations and I can only hope to wear one of his dresses one day! A girl can dream.... 


<3


No comments:

Post a Comment