22.7.14

Food for Thought: Youvetsi

This is a lifestyle segment I like to call, Food for Thought. I love food and I am always trying new dishes, and I thought I would share some of my favourites with you!

This dish is called Youvetsi. It is a classic Greek dish that is comprised of Orzo, pieces of Beef or lamb, and cheese. The flavours in this dish are outstanding and I would suggest it to anyone! 

I had the luxury the other day to go out for dinner in Corfu, and I ordered Youvetsi. It was probably one of the best Youvetsi's I have ever had. They served it in a clay pot, and they melted fresh cheese ontop! 


The best way to cook Youvetsi would be in a clay pot, or in a large casserole. I have tried several different recipes for Youvetsi, but my favourite recipe by far is by the Three Greek Sisters. They call it Braised beef with Orzo in their first cook book, "Three Sisters Around the Greek Table". They have a fantastic recipe that is easy to follow. You can always put your own spin on it! You should definitely check out their cookbook for the recipe, and for more amazing Greek recipes! 

<3


2 comments: